Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Glimpses





Outreach with the Birth Attendant school was over in a flash! I was traveling with these marvelous midwives for 3 months. And so many exciting things happened! I want to share some glimpses of this outreach. Enjoy!

..............


This is the hospital we serve at in Zambia. 



One of the students delivered this baby in Zambia. what a cutie.


Giving Blood! So many hospitals have a severe shortage of blood, and people go without the necessary treatment because of that. We have seen cases where there have been complications with a delivery, and having good blood in the blood bank has saved the mom's life. 


Oh look it's my blanket! When Mamas come to the labour ward here in Zambia,  they come with loads of warm blankies. They wrap up those babies nice and warm beacuase even in Africa babies can get too cold. 

INDIA!!


The Birth Attendants School have had the priviledge of working in this hospital for the past 10 years. I was working in this hospital 2 years ago when I was a student on this school. The top two floors are recent renovations! This hospital serves some of the poorest women in the community, and there is never a dull moment.


We had a very Merry- saree wearing- Christmas in Hyderabad! 



Just a slice of life.





1 comment:

  1. You're amazing, Meghann! I loved getting a glimpse into your travels. <3

    ReplyDelete